Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thriller

Things have been a little slow for me recently. Now I am feeling more free and motivated to continue working on my next novel. (Still no working title yet.)

I really want this book to be more of a thriller. Of course the story is set in a dystopian world, but I feel like I need more than just an awesome universe.

Many of the dystopian books I've read are interesting because of the unique scenarios characters are put in. But the writing can be slow moving so illustrate the authors literary agenda. I enjoy reading these books but I'm just not that kind of author. I like high stakes and fast action, so, I'm going to be doing some research into thriller novels to learn just how to bring some of that adrenaline into dystopia.

Any suggestions? What are some books you've read that get your heart pumping? 

1 comment: