Monday, September 23, 2013

Book Trailer

You may have seen the book trailer Jay Jensen did for The Cause. We got together one evening with an actor and Jay filmed an awesome trailer. How did I manage to get a pro like Jay to make me a professional trailer when I had absolutely no money to pay for it? He did it for a couple reasons:

1. He is an awesome guy.
2. I told him if I made any money from The Cause, I would give him a cut. I couldn't promise anything, but there was a little bit of hope.

If you haven't seen the trailer yet, watch it.


Unfortunately, I didn't make a truck load of money on The Cause. I considered the release to be successful and yes, I did make some money, but not enough to pay Jay what he really deserved.

The time around, I wanted to do things differently. I decided to film and edit the book trailer myself. It took me about 20 minutes to realize I'm not made for film making. I think I had some pretty awesome ideas, but I am seriously lacking in execution.

So now, I'm at a loss.

Does anybody buy books based off the book trailer?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment