Monday, August 22, 2011

The Cause by Clint Stoker

I am celebrating the release of my first novel today!

The Cause is available on Amazon.com and Barnesandnoble.com with ebooks going for $0.99 and paperbacks here for $7.49.

There are a couple of things I thought I'd mention. Anyone who reads this blog, knows I write short stories here. If you enjoy reading them, great! You'll notice, I like to add a twist to every short story I write. I like to add twists simply because the short stories I like to read have twists.

THE CAUSE is a full-length dystopian novel, so don't expect the same silliness that I implement in the short stories. Without giving away too much, I'd like to give you a little insight on THE CAUSE.

I love dystopian literature. It is, essentially, an experiment on human nature. A dystopian asks the question "what if..?" For example, 1984 by George Orwell is an experiment on privacy in the future. If 'Big Brother' really was always watching, what would you do?

A more recent example would be The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It asks, "What would happen if the government forced children to fight to the death live on TV?"

Following this same line of thinking, THE CAUSE asks the question, "what if you could live forever, but only at the expense of someone else?"

If this sounds like something you'd like to check out, let me know. I am giving out free ebooks to the first 20 people to message me. Act fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment