Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Round 2

I'm working on the second draft of All for Owen. In fact, I am already on chapter 7.

The second draft is really fun to write. It's different from the first in several ways. I already know the story. I know the characters much better. I know what plot problems I want to fix. Etc...

This time around, I'm really focusing on Character development and consistency. So far, I'm really pleased with the direction this draft is heading. Assuming I keep the pace going, my goal is to have the second draft finished in three weeks. (February 5th.) That means I'll be looking for beta readers around Valentines day.  Any takers?

So what am I reading?

  

This book is both inspirational and upsetting because Zusak's writing is just so good, it makes me realize how much work is ahead for me.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to be a beta reader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good, Ed. Sadly, I'm behind schedule on the second draft, so it won't be ready by Valentines day, but I'll let you know as soon as I have the draft finished.

      Delete