Friday, January 4, 2013

One Draft Down

Good news and bad news.

First the bad news. I didn't reach my goal of finishing the first draft of ALL FOR OWEN by Dec 21, 2012.

The good news is that the world didn't actually end, (whew) so I had more time. Today, I can announce that the first draft is finished!

It's weird because I really want to be happy and celebrate this momentous occasion, but it doesn't really feel like the big accomplishment it truly is. I had the same feeling when I finished the first draft of THE CAUSE. I guess I'm the type of person who climbs up a mountain, but instead of looking around and saying "Wow, I really did it," I look around and say, "Great, now I need to get all the way back to the car without killing myself."

I've started looking at the first two chapters and I know there are serious changes to be made. The really amazing part is that I have a starting point. I know the story now and the characters. So I'm going to take a breath, then head back down the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment