Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Reviews

Reviews on Amazon.com are a huge commodity in the world of publishing. Reviews are the difference between a perspective reader buying one book or moving on to another. Many readers make a decision to buy a book in a split second and those decisions are heavily based on the reviews - both the quality and quantity of reviews make a big impression.

There are two major indicators of a book doing well.

First, when a reader is looking around Amazon for a new book, one of the first things they will do is look at how many stars the book has.

Secondly and more importantly, a browsing reader will look at how many reviews the book has. This is the most important indicator of a good book because, let's face it, every book in existence has a bad reviews. I'll bet Harry Potter has it's fair share of terrible reviews. But the fact that so many people have read it and taken the time to review it, means that the book is worth reading.The controversy of reviews is actually a good thing. If the book was terrible, you wouldn't see very many reviews.

(I looked into my claims about Harry Potter and it turns out that I was right. Here is a scathing review of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

So far, All for Owen has 3 reviews on Amazon.com. They are great reviews, but I need more. (I'm greedy like that.)

If you haven't reviews All for Owen yet, read it and review it. Give me your honest to goodness opinion.

What did you like about the story?
What did you hate?
What is it missing?
What do you want to see in the next book?
What characters did you like?
What characters did you hate?

There are all good topics to base a review on.




1 comment:

  1. I just ordered your book on Amazon, I am excited to read it and I will be sure to leave a review! (laura)

    ReplyDelete